Late Night Buff Network New York Life. The Company You Keep ® K2M Photography On Scene Photography
You’re My Focus Advertise with us Zone 2 Photo Advertise with us w2lie Advertise with us

Default New Fire Apparatus Photo Website

Hey guys, been lurking around the Rant for a while now gathering info from different ranters about their rigs - after 10 months of hard work, I am happy to announce the launch of my new apparatus photo website!!

********************* - Fire Apparatus Photography

The site has 140 pages with over 1,200 pics of "unyque" apparatus (colors, one-off jobs, rigs with great back stories, etc.), artwork, monuments/memorials, numerous pages dedicated to 9/11 and more. There's a little something for everyone whether you like different colors (Orange, Green, Blue, even Purple!!), ex-FDNY rigs, Mack tower ladders, rigs that are on their 2nd & 3rd life, NYC vollie companies and plenty of stories...my motto is "Every Fire Truck Has A Story..." so you'll find some really interesting ones from places you might not normally get to see (I have rigs from NY to MD).

This is just a drop in the bucket - I have LOTS more pics, sections & feature articles planned - one project I am working on is getting my old film pics online of LI rigs from the late 80's when I started pixing as a jr. fireman. I have a LOT of rigs that are long gone - just provided some pics to a guy I know out here in Suffolk as I was THE only one who had any pics of their old snorkel.

The site is best viewed using a browser other than Internet Explorer (you can use it but sometimes links between pages "stick"). You can get FREE downloads of Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome from my homepage (these are FREE downloads, they take up little space & will dramatically improve your web browsing on ALL sites you visit). I just launched a Facebook fan page as well so if you like what you see, want to provide updated info or an invite for me to photograph your rigs, feel free to post on my FB page.

Lastly, just want to thank all the ranters who over the past year have provided me with specs on their rigs & particularly those who arranged to have me visit their depts (thanks XCapt1!!). Hope you guys like the end result!!!

Thanks for reading the long post!! Look forward to hearing everyone's comments!! Stay Safe.
    Last edited by Firescueguy; 08-02-2010 at 10:24 AM.

Tom did a great job on his website. I am very happy I could help him with this project. I recommend any departments not represented contact him so they can be added. It will show the world our little area of the fire service in a positive way.

Stay Safe
    RFB-EGH
    Truck One Rebel / JOLT 1
    BTRTF :http://www.longislandrescue.com/btrtf/

Class C Ranter

Tom when you want to come down to Sound Beach let me know I will make arraignments for you. John

XCap, thanks for the plug brother. I am glad to know you were happy with the way I represented your dept, you guys have been very supportive of me in this project - it's appreciated.

SBFD...thanks for the invite, I will let you know when I get a chance to get out your way. Shouldn't be a problem clearing it with your 30 - he knows me personally since I used to back you guys for ALS when I worked for RPFD as one of their 80 units. Just s/w him @ Balto while I was there for work. Thanks again...

Thanks to everyone here on the Rant for all your positive comments & invites...it makes the 10 months I spent bleary eyed at the computer 'till 11 PM well worth it!!!
    Last edited by Firescueguy; 08-17-2010 at 06:19 PM.

Rant Chief 01

can u give us updates when u add more pics?

SELDEN FIREFIGHTER

can't get to the other pictures of the trucks why

Quote Originally Posted by seldenfd1094 View Post
    can't get to the other pictures of the trucks why
    I believe if the hand doesnt show up on a dept, then he doesnt have that page loaded with pics.

millb67 - yes, I will post updates here from time to time..I will be posting update notices to the FB fan page I created as well...should have some new pages by this weekend for some depts I just shot in MD & a local dept. that invited me in last weekend.

seldenfd1094 - if you are having trouble getting to page 2 of Selden's page, that may be due to using IE. Try using Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome (free downloads for all 3 browsers can be found on my homepage...the words saying the name of the browser are the actual link, they will change to Red indicating an active link - just click it & it will take you right to the download page). These browsers work 100X better than IE in viewing ANY sites you visit on the net. If you can't for whatever reason use another browser, PM me & I'll send you the page links for Selden's other two pages (page 2 has ladder, rescues & tech rescue, page 3 highlights the tech rescue truck).

If you can't access other pages, Trk6Eng2 is right..only the thumbnails that show a hand icon over them are active. I have a lot more depts., particularly on the island that I am trying to put pages together for (I'm either getting more/better pics or trying to find specs on the rigs). With the amount of invites I've gotten in the past few days alone, you will see more LI depts. very soon!!

Hope this helps...anything further, PM me...Stay Safe

Great site, good job! If you access to "North Bab" PM me & we can set up a date.

Class C Ranter

Tom, give me a shout when you're looking to come visit Holbrook and MacArthur Airport.

Pete

Class A Ranter

whats the face book page name

Quote Originally Posted by rmessier11 View Post
    whats the face book page name

when you go to the web site page on the bottom is a link to FB
    It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸ ...¸.¤\
    \ 9/11 AMERICA \
    .\¸.¤*¨¨*¤ .¸¸.¸.¤*
    ..\
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ NEVER FORGET!!!

Nice site, good job with everything! Quick question on Montauk FD... I thought/ do they have a Station 1 also?

Hey, I don't see Fair Harbor on your site? I would say we certainly have some pretty Unique Fire Trucks.

Rant Probie

Nice site with some great photos. One thing though, Long Island is an Island, not a penninsula. The Island has four counties, Suffolk, Nassau, Queens and Kings and is surrounded by water on all sides. Not trying to bust balls, I saw the info in the description of Long Island that the island is not and island when in fact it is an island.

Class A Ranter

Trk6Eng2 - Montauk does have 2 stations, but i believe they operate out of Hq's. Other I think is for storage and in the event there is a situation that cuts them off from the otherside of the lake. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Site is great, but isn't there (108 or 109) Volunteer FD's plus the 3 others listed? Site says 106. Keep it going!!!
    Last edited by Backstep4life; 08-05-2010 at 04:51 PM.

WOW...here goes...

NBFC - thanks for the invite, I actually had gotten a visit approved thru Rerun (ahem I mean 1-8-33), just waiting to settle up a date/time with him. I'll let you know when I'm there so we can say hello..always nice to meet a fellow ranter...

J27T - definitely, I will reach out to you in the near future. Your chief at the airport gave me the green light a while back to take some pix.

Trk6Eng2 - I actually found out about Montauk having that second station after stumbling across their website a while after I visited there. Funny thing was I spoke with a capt., safety officer & an ex-chief and they never said a word about a 2nd station. I think the other ranter who said it's for storage mostly is right. If I find myself out there one day (considering it's 65 miles away, it might be a little while), I will try to get a pic of it for the site.

MRI - yes, your rigs definitely fit the term "unyque"!! I'll you PM in the near future, was actually hoping to talk to you about maybe getting out there. I'll be in touch.

BackStep - you know depending who you talk to & what version of the FRES directory you read, there are 106, 109 depts...who knows? Do you really count Fishers Island considering they have a CT zip code & transport pts to New London Hospital? Hmmm...I'll try to get an accurate count & get it corrected.

While I say this in all my posts, I just want to thank everyone on the rant both here & Nassau for the tremendously positive response to my site since I announced it less than a week ago. As you can see, I put a tremendous amount of time & effort into the project (with much more still to come...creating more pages tonight ) & it is just great to see the brothers responding to it so positively. So thanks guys, particularly for all the invites!!!

See you all out there soon..."Coming Soon To A Firehouse Near You"

Class B Ranter

Firescueguy, My hats off to you. Your website is AWESOME. I like the shots and the stories behind them. And having lost someone in 9/11 and seeing his sticker on his rig gave me goosebumps. Continue the outstanding work sir.
    "ASK EM, TELL EM, MAKE EM."

OK, thanks... I say 110 and that's including Fisher's Island but not including the Brigade at Plum Island.

Looks great! Let me know when you wanna get some shots of Manorville's trucks.
    "All of us can agree that firefighters aren't considered professionals solely because they are “participating for gain or livelihood.” So, what is the difference between a professional and an amateur? Looking closely at these definitions, professionals conform to technical and ethical standards; they are experts in that profession and masters of their craft. An amateur lacks experience and competence."
    - Chief Mike Chiaramonte

Quote Originally Posted by excpt398 View Post
    Nice site with some great photos. One thing though, Long Island is an Island, not a penninsula. The Island has four counties, Suffolk, Nassau, Queens and Kings and is surrounded by water on all sides. Not trying to bust balls, I saw the info in the description of Long Island that the island is not and island when in fact it is an island.
    I gotta agree with excpt398 LI is an Island, created by terminal morain pushed South and deposited as the great Glaciers retreated North same for Fire, Jones and Rockaway islands. But it's Ok a lot of people don't think of Manhattan as an island either, but it is.
    You can't start a fire under a wet log!

Class A Ranter

Firerescueguy - Don't misunderstand me. Just trying to help you with making it correct as I'm sure you would want it to be. I will double check on it. And yes Fishers Island counts. They are part of the 8th. Keep up the good work.

Backstep, no misunderstanding at all...I was not trying to be a wisea$$ with what I said, just joking how you can get different dept. counts depending who you talk to. No hard feelings, I appreciate all the updates from ranters so the site can be as accurate as possible. Thanks for your input.

Thanks...I'm happy to know I was able to honor someone you knew who was lost that day (as I did as well). Being able to honor those lost with a tribute on my site is what makes it all worth while.

Quote Originally Posted by GivenToFly47 View Post
    Firescueguy, My hats off to you. Your website is AWESOME. I like the shots and the stories behind them. And having lost someone in 9/11 and seeing his sticker on his rig gave me goosebumps. Continue the outstanding work sir.

FYI - just updated the site with a profile for Setauket FD & updated pics of Sayville (including their "new" MacPierce tower ladder) as well as pics from Nassau (Mineola), NJ ('68 Snorkel) and my recent visits during FH Expo (MD - Bob 414 canteen units, VA - Orange/Black Pierce engine, mobile vent unit, etc.).

More profiles of 'local depts will be posted in the near future as I complete my rounds accepting the numerous invites since the site was announced so stay tuned...

Hope you guys enjoy the updates...thanks again for all the continued support!!

Hey guys, just a quick update..added some new content recently to the site., Check out Plainview's BRAT used in parking garages under the article "This 'N That", also see a photo shoot from 2009 of the last remaining Mack tower ladders from here in Suffolk Co.

More stuff to come - stay tuned!! Join my FB fan page & keep updated on the site, weekly posts every Monday featuring pics of several apparatus from a different topic each week...this week's topic, heavy rescues.

Thanks as always to the Rant for allowing me to spread the word here on the forums

www.*********************

**Just a quick reminder - site is best viewed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari - IE users may experience slow loading and/or difficulty accessing some links**
    Last edited by Firescueguy; 01-12-2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Added browser preferences
    "Coming soon to a Firehouse near you"
    "Every Fire Truck Has A Story"

Just updated the site again, added Port Jeff and updated some existing rigs from PA with new info on the specs/equipment of each rig...

http://www.*********************/Port_Jefferson.html

Hoping the winter thaw is soon upon us so I can get back out there & start pixing again...I will be at the LI Mega Show this weekend in my "real job"
    as a fire equipment vendor. If any fellow ranters want to say hi, introduce yourself or maybe extend an invitation to shoot your dept's rigs , feel free to stop by my booth in the lobby (Fire Rescue Outfitters). I'm the only equipment vendor in the lobby, just look for the glow from all the ANSI clothing on display.

Look forward to meeting some fellow ranters at the show. Stay Safe....

PS - Also check out latest edition of "This 'N That" (random rig pics)...
    Last edited by Firescueguy; 02-22-2011 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Added reference to feature article

Rant Chief 02

Firescueguy- Great Job with PJFD Pics. Like the Design of the PJFD Page
    Last edited by FullyInvolvedPhoto; 02-22-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Thanks, glad to hear you like it...can't wait 'till the '46 ALF runs again so I can pix it!! ;)

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know I just uploaded a new profile of the Commack FD & their 4 stations. Check it out at the address shown below...

http://www.*********************/Commack.html

With the spring here (sort of), I will begin reaching out those of you who extended an invitation to me after I launched the site. Anyone interested in having me photograph your dept., drop me a PM and we'll set something up
    (if it's not already in the works!!). As I'm sure everyone can see, as a fellow volly for (gulp) 25 years, my focus of the site is to promote the fire service in
    a positive light unlike some other "news" organizations that choose to bash it.

Just my 2 cents...hope you enjoy the site!! As a reminder, my Facebook fan page (accessed thru the website's homepage) is updated weekly with several photos highlighting a different "unyque" topic. Be sure to visit & click "Like" to subscribe to the weekly updates. Stay Safe...see ya on the bay floor

Nice job on Commack's page. I particularly like that you included tribute to Officer Ciano.
    "T-1/R-9 Only. All others 5 & 9 your quarters."

Thanks Chaich, glad you like it...I thought that memorial on your dept's behalf was very classy so I wanted to be sure to include it. Stay Safe, Tom

Latest update - pics from WR drill at Cedar Beach on 5/7 where the Ridge FD did a field trial of the new SeaLegs water rescue craft (rigid hull inflatable with hydraulic wheels allowing it to drive on/over any terrain). Very cool & definitely "unyque"!!

Check it out..there is a link on the homepage under the updates, here's direct link to save you time...

http://www.*********************/SeaLegs.html

Enjoy!! Stay Safe, Tom
    Last edited by Firescueguy; 05-12-2011 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Added direct link

Rant Lieutenant

Holtsville took delivery of a New Heavy Rescue. Saw it on the ramp Sunday. Looks like a Pierce. Really Nice Rig "Rescue 4".

Hmmm, I had heard that rig was due in soon...I think a trip down Waverly Avenue is in order...

Class B Ranter

Quote Originally Posted by PJFDFirefighter View Post
    Firescueguy- Great Job with PJFD Pics. Like the Design of the PJFD Page
    Glad to hear that the old Ladder One will have a nice retirement and won't see the scrap yard yet. I was sad to hear that it had been retired, partly because I associated it with Port Jeff, and because my Grandfather served with Ladder One.

Just added tonight - a profile of a firematic themed pizzeria right here in Suffolk County!!! Working on a bunch of projects so stayed tuned for more updates coming soon...

Direct link.... http://www.*********************/Firehouse_Pizza.html

Been kinda busy lately but finally got the chance to update the site to celebrate my one year anniversary on the web!!! Just added an entirely new homepage photo collage along with some "unyque" stuff including a fire truck bed racer from LI, antique rigs operated by a LI brother for children's parties, PINK fire trucks from a cancer support group in NJ as well as two more dept. profiles from recent invites (Saddle Brook, NJ & Jarrettsville, MD).

Just want to take the opportunity again to thank all the ranters who have supported the site over the past year...from your positive feedback to providing rig specs to the much appreciated invites to pix your rigs, your support is what makes what I do (and have done for so many years) so much fun. I am very proud of the positive image I have been able to promote for the fire service particularly here on Long Island where sometimes people forget the good work we do FOR FREE.

To those ranters who have extended invites to pix your rigs, if I haven't gotten to you yet, I will indeed get to it. The invites are much appreciated!!

Thank you again all so much for the continued support of the brotherhood. Stay Safe & enjoy the site, Tom

PS - If you see someone wearing a UNYQUEFIRETRUCKS tee shirt at a parade, muster, wetdown or other firematic event, that's me so say hello...always good to meet fellow ranters & put a face to the name (screen name that is)...

Latest update as of 9/4 - added Plandome FD (Nassau Co.) & Liberty FC of New Holland (PA).

Just back from a trip to Lancaster Co. & got some unique rigs, all with great stories which will be posted soon (will advise once they are online). Also starting to sort out pics for new pages on artwork, american flags, antique rigs & 9/11 related memorials.

Check out the site @ www.********************* - thanks as always for the continued support of the site. Stay Safe, Tom

Just updated site with 3 more depts. from PA - check out Lower Swatara FD (awesome Mack CF rigs), Rawlinsville FC & the Keystone Wildfire Crew that operates a "unyque" Amertek ex-military rig converted for their response needs.

More pages in the works (as always) including the retired FDNY fireboat John J. Harvey I just got a tour of yesterday. Stay tuned....

Thanks as always to the Rant for allowing me to post here and for the continued support of my fellow ranters...Stay Safe, Tom

Just updated the site with three more pages - Paoli (PA), Garden City (PA) FC & third installment of "This 'N That", a sampling of various rigs from my photo collection.

Hope everyone enjoys the new pages. More in the works as always...

Thanks as always to the Rant for allowing me to post here and for the continued support of my fellow ranters...Stay Safe, Tom

Happy New Year...finally got some time to update the site, check out the homepage for links to see our own Deer Park (including the new Squad 6), a dept. in PA that runs DPFD's old Mack tower ladder & two depts. from a recent trip to the suburbs outside Philly (including one with Green/Yellow rigs).

With this great weather we've been enjoying, got the chance to do my first photo shoot of 2012 so keep an eye out for a forthcoming profile of the Terryville FD. More pages being worked on so stay tuned...

Thanks as always to my fellow ranters for their continued support of the site as well as the Rant for allowing me to post here. Stay Safe...

www.*********************/index.html.html

Just updated the site with 3 LI depts...Terryville (3 stations), East Brentwood (fleet including new squad) & Selden's refurbed ladder tower...enjoy!!

Time to power down... Stay Safe

See you all at the buff show next week...look for my work booth (Fire Rescue Outfitters, 200 square foot lobby booth)

Great updates Tom. We are having a work detail Saturday 2/18 to move hose and equipment off the Mack and onto the new 12. Probably won't be ready to be "first due," but we're making progress.

Rant Chief 02

I don't see the Terryville photos up on
    www.*********************/

Quote Originally Posted by PJFDFirefighter View Post
    I don't see the Terryville photos up on
    www.*********************/
    I had the same problem...

clear your browsers' cache, or use the links on the bottom of the www.uniquefiretrucks.com home page, where he lists the updates. That should bring you to Terryville's updated page.

it comes up on a ipad but not a laptop weird lol

Class B Ranter

Quote Originally Posted by garythefireman66 View Post
    Great updates Tom. We are having a work detail Saturday 2/18 to move hose and equipment off the Mack and onto the new 12. Probably won't be ready to be "first due," but we're making progress.
    I thought Terryville's Station three was constructed back in the late 90's, was a new station built in 2010 or is that a typo?

Quote Originally Posted by mws5689 View Post
    I thought Terryville's Station three was constructed back in the late 90's, was a new station built in 2010 or is that a typo?
    He is referring to the new Engine 12

Class B Ranter

Quote Originally Posted by Trk6Eng3 View Post
    He is referring to the new Engine 12
    I must have hit quote on accident when I went to post my question about Terryville's station 3 and somehow must have not noticed it. sorry about that.

Rant Probie

terryville station 3 was build around 2000 or 2001

FYI - scroll to bottom of homepage under "Updates" & click on the word "Terryville" & it will take you the main navigation page for the dept. which has links to the three stations. The actual Suffolk County dept. menu is being updated tonight.

Hope everyone enjoys the pages...thanks for the continued support

Class B Ranter

Quote Originally Posted by jmjkorea View Post
    terryville station 3 was build around 2000 or 2001
    That time frame sounds better to me then what I originally posted it was. My guess would be that it was built in 2000 but probably completed late in the year so they didn't move in until 2001, though like I said thats only my guess.

mws, it was built in 2000 per the commissioner who invited me in to take the pics. I typed the date wrong, all corrected now...

Class B Ranter

Quote Originally Posted by Firescueguy View Post
    mws, it was built in 2000 per the commissioner who invited me in to take the pics. I typed the date wrong, all corrected now...
    Ok, I thought it was a typo but I wasn't 100% sure.

Finally had time to update the site...added Meadowmere Park along with 2 depts. from PA...enjoy!!

Also, be sure to check out my two articles in the March issue of the Long Island Rant News including my monthly "Hooks 'N Ladders" column & the story on FDNY Rescue 2 FF Rob Weidmann returning home from his stay in the burn center.

Thanks again to all the brothers for their continued support of my site. Stay Safe, Tom

Spring cleaning in effect, adding/updating many pages...just added Amityville's fleet as well as updated several depts. in PA & MD with new pics/info (check out Lutherville, MD's crane equipped heavy rescue). Also re-posted the feature article on tillered quints ("quillers").

Watch for more dept. profiles soon to come including the full fleet of Dix Hills, Rocky Point and Orient among other depts. from NJ, PA & MD.

As always, thanks to the brothers for the continued support of my site

Well, it's been a little while since last updating but now finally getting caught up...accordingly, I just posted TWELVE new pages including full dept. profiles of Dix Hills (thanks again SouthHouse Bluto), Great Neck Vigilants as well as depts. from upstate NY, Maryland and even FDNY Rescue 1.

As always, I want to continue to thank all the brothers that continue to support my site. Your positive comments & invitations to pix your depts. are very much appreciated!!

Keep any eye on the site, MUCH more is being planned/worked on so watch for more updates in the near future. Join my FB fan page for notification of updates & posting of pics of my latest visits around the Northeast (a link to the FB page is accessible from my website's homepage).

Enjoy the new pages. Stay Safe, Tom

Last edited by Firescueguy; 06-16-2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Added web address

Class B Ranter South House Bluto's Avatar

Well, it's been a little while since last updating but now finally getting caught up...accordingly, I just posted TWELVE new pages including full dept. profiles of Dix Hills (thanks again SouthHouse Bluto), Great Neck Vigilants as well as depts. from upstate NY, Maryland and even FDNY Rescue 1.

As always, I want to continue to thank all the brothers that continue to support my site. Your positive comments & invitations to pix your depts. are very much appreciated!!

Keep any eye on the site, MUCH more is being planned/worked on so watch for more updates in the near future. Join my FB fan page for notification of updates & posting of pics of my latest visits around the Northeast (a link to the FB page is accessible from my website's homepage).

Enjoy the new pages. Stay Safe, Tom

Great job Tom with the new pages, especially Dix Hills.

Seriously, for those who haven't visited the site yet, you have a real treat awaiting you.

Thanks Bob...that guy they have who knows all their history was a big help providing the stories...

Class B Ranter South House Bluto's Avatar

Thanks Bob...that guy they have who knows all their history was a big help providing the stories...

When you want to know about "history" always talk to an old guy!

Celebrating 2 years on the web!!! Added 3 new depts. including one from PA & my first two depts. from CT. Working on a new homepage collage & several dept. profiles of multi-station fleets so stay tuned!!

As always, thanks to the tremendous support the brotherhood has shown the site over the past 2 years...your positive comments & invites to pix your rigs are what make this whole project fun for me. Thanks again to Jeff & the Rant for allowing me to publicize the site & for the opportunity to share my input on apparatus through my "Hooks 'N Ladders" article in the Rant News.

Keep an eye on the site on the site, MUCH MUCH MORE to come!!!

Stay Safe...

Excellent work and congratulations!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trk6Eng3 View Post
    Excellent work and congratulations!!
    Thanks!!

Keep up the great work Tom, If you ever make it to Southwest Florida drop me a line and perhaps you can take some photos of my department's rigs and the surrounding area. Any chance of doing photos of firehiouse on LI?

Rant Lieutenant

Nice Web-site Brother.

Thanks Cap43 for the invite, I'll keep it in mind & let you know if I'm ever down that way (you never know where I'll end up). I can & and will be doing a focus on firehouses both on LI & other places. I try to add the firehouse at the top of each dept's page (provided I have pics) but there are some that I just have station shots of which I am working on putting pages together for.

Thanks again for the positive comments

Quote Originally Posted by capt43 View Post
    Keep up the great work Tom, If you ever make it to Southwest Florida drop me a line and perhaps you can take some photos of my department's rigs and the surrounding area. Any chance of doing photos of firehiouse on LI?

Thanks so much, glad to hear you like it!!

Quote Originally Posted by resUcue View Post
    Nice Web-site Brother.

Been busy with a bunch of projects but managed to update the site with 6 depts. today including 2 new VFD's from NYC Updates include:

*Gerritsen Beach (VFDNY)
    *West Hamilton Beach (VFDNY)
    *Broad Channel (VFDNY, updated with "new" engine, ex-Malverne )
    *Mechanicstown (Orange Co., NY)
    *Bellerose Terrace (updated fleet)
    *Rockaway Point (VFDNY (updated)

Finalizing several multi-station dept. profiles which should post next week...

Enjoy the site updates...

Hey guys, been busy lately but managed to get some more updates loaded up to the site including a full 3 station profile of the Manorville FD, a fire truck bar straight from a LI brother's basement (truly "unyque"), Darby (PA) & an update on the specs of the ex-FDNY rig that West Hamilton Beach VFD (Queens) is planning to refurbish.

Enjoy the updates, many more coming soon...stay tuned...

Came out great, bud! Thanks for all your hard work, the Manorville page (like the others) is incredibly well done.
    "All of us can agree that firefighters aren't considered professionals solely because they are “participating for gain or livelihood.” So, what is the difference between a professional and an amateur? Looking closely at these definitions, professionals conform to technical and ethical standards; they are experts in that profession and masters of their craft. An amateur lacks experience and competence."
    - Chief Mike Chiaramonte

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner111 View Post
    Came out great, bud! Thanks for all your hard work, the Manorville page (like the others) is incredibly well done.
    Thanks!! Glad you like it, thanks again to the Co# 4 RoadRunners for their hospitality during my visit Stay Safe, Tom

Thanks!! Glad you like it, thanks again to the Co# 4 RoadRunners for their hospitality during my visit Stay Safe, Tom
    We were glad to have you! If I remember correctly there was a reported structure fire while we were all hanging out - almost got ya some Fire News photos as well
    - Chief Mike Chiaramonte

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner111 View Post
    We were glad to have you! If I remember correctly there was a reported structure fire while we were all hanging out - almost got ya some Fire News photos as well
    I think you meant some FD Rant News photos. Right Tom?
    Admin and Owner - Suffolk FD Rant

Quote Originally Posted by ex4100 View Post
    Uh... I uh...

Of course!
    - Chief Mike Chiaramonte

Quote Originally Posted by ex4100 View Post
    Oh boy....yes, FD RANT News indeed Jeff One of those pics will actually be in my Hooks & Ladders article this month...

RoadRunner111 - yeah, Chris & I had quite the day, first a 13 four houses down from his, then we arrived first due to an MVA where I had to play both fire police & EMT-CC. Told Chris any time you guys get a dry spell, just call me to come pix something & things will pick up!!

Thanks again for the positive comments, always appreciated!!

Just updated the site with a bunch of new pages...check out full dept. profiles of Rocky Point & South Old Bridge, NJ (3 stations each) as well as Berwyn (PA) & updated pages on Eden FC of Lancaster (PA)...check out the pages on their new squad & the detailed profile on their Pierce tiller that is dual certified as a rescue company.

Enjoy the updates...MANY, MANY more being worked on for launch after the new year...stay tuned...

As always, thanks to the Rant for allowing me to post updates here (thanks Jeff) & all the brothers both here on Long Island & across the Northeast for their continued support of the site...

Happy Holidays & Stay Safe!!!
    Last edited by Firescueguy; 12-20-2012 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Added web address

Hey Tom, I noticed there's no listing for Miller Place FD on your site? I was thinking of them when they had the 13 at their HQ earleir today. Keep up the great work on the site, have a safe and Happy New Year! If your ever make it down to Southwest Florida, let me know. My department operates a fleet of Pierce Quantums, including a 95' midmount tower, and two International brush trucks custom built by our shops.

Quote Originally Posted by capt43 View Post
    Hey Tom, I noticed there's no listing for Miller Place FD on your site? I was thinking of them when they had the 13 at their HQ earleir today. Keep up the great work on the site, have a safe and Happy New Year! If your ever make it down to Southwest Florida, let me know. My department operates a fleet of Pierce Quantums, including a 95' midmount tower, and two International brush trucks custom built by our shops.

Are you saying that your Dept. has a 95' midmount Quantum tower ladder?

According to Pierce, we are getting the first Pierce Quantum tower ladder.
    Our's is going to be a 75' Arielscope remount.

Is your ladder brand new LTI?

Please post or PM pics if you can.

Thanks; Tex

Tex, just PM'd you brother

Rant Probie

Quote Originally Posted by nbfctex365 View Post
    Are you saying that your Dept. has a 95' midmount Quantum tower ladder?

According to Pierce, we are getting the first Pierce Quantum tower ladder.
    Our's is going to be a 75' Arielscope remount.

Is your ladder brand new LTI?

Please post or PM pics if you can.

Thanks; Tex
    I believe you guys are getting the first quantum/scope.

I think pierce has built several quantum mid mount towers, Lafayette PA's orange tower ladder comes to mind.

Class B Ranter

Hey I cant Manorville on your web site or the fire truck bar how can I find them?

Rant Lieutenant

I couldn't get it to work either. However if you google it the website shows up. Kinda weird but it works.

@ Capt43...thanks Cap, I am adding Miller Place to the Suffolk menu, working on pixing them as they are the last 5-Able division dept . that I need to shoot, tweaking the site right now with updates such as the one mentioned...Thanks for the invite, if my travels bring me to SW FL, I will definitely reach out to you.

@ nbfctex365...Pierce has built a few NEW mid-mount towers including a couple on Quantum chassis but you guys are getting the first Quantum Aerialscope for sure. Lafayette FC in Lancaster (PA) runs what I believe is the 3rd mid-mount ladder tower built on a Quantum chassis

http://www.*********************/Lafayette.html

@ HFD241 & Fignewty...sorry about that guys, I am tweaking the site to address some minor issues with things like that (stay tuned)...here's the links for both Manorville FD & the firetruck bar...

http://www.*********************/Manorville.html

http://www.*********************/Steel_FD_Bar.html

Just my 2 cents...hope this helps everyone find what they are looking for....Stay Safe, Tom
    Last edited by Firescueguy; 01-02-2013 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Grammar error

Southold FD still missing from your list!

@ Jimbo, it will be added during the update I am working on now. Thanks for the heads-up...if you know anyone in Southold FD who can arrange with me to pix their rigs, let me know.

Happy New Year everybody...I am in the process of a site wide update adding new improved watermarked photos and modifying things behind the scenes to make the site load faster & look even better (yes, including adding those few missing links!!). Just uploaded 5 new depts. & the latest edition of an feature article I do showcasing various rigs from my photo collection...visit the site to see these new pages: Bethpage Station 4, Roxana, Bethany Beach & Greenwood (DE), Lake Harmony (PA) & Volume 1 Edition 4 of "This 'N That"...

Thanks as always to the brothers for their support and the Rant for allowing me to post here
    Last edited by Firescueguy; 01-12-2013 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Tweaked web address

Latest update - added 4 new pages...West Haverstraw, NY (Blue rigs & an awesome Mack B), Fort Lee, NJ (see their 2000 gal. pumper tanker), Malvern, PA & Benedict, MD (custom brush rig). Also updated 4 pages including Owings Mills (yellow Seagrave tiller) & Reisterstown MD, Westwood PA (power blue rigs) & Lodi NJ (Pierce tower with flag graphics)...definitely a colorful update, ...stay tuned for more updates & a new homepage photo collage.

Thanks as always to the brothers for their support and the Rant for allowing me to post here
    Last edited by Firescueguy; 02-11-2013 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Edited text for better info on update

3/3 - fyi, my site is being reloaded & will be offline until 1800...

Disregard my last post, site is NOT being reloaded today...if you see any pages missing content or the entire page gone, please be patient...hoping to complete this sitewide reload early this week which should make the site load quicker...stay tuned...

Reloading the site today (for real), should be offline until about 1900..I'll advise when it's back up & running....stay tuned

Ok, so the site's been reloaded 100%...if you previously bookmarked the site, be sure to visit the homepage & bookmark it again (had to make a "behind the scenes" URL change that will affect previous bookmarks from directing you to the site)...www.*********************

Added a new homepage collage as well as a bunch of new & updated pages including a new 3 page dept. profile on the Mattituck FD (probably THE most detailed rig histories I've done in the 2-1/2 years the site has been up), also updated pages for Farmingdale Village and some depts in NJ (see Ridgefield for story about the American flag flown during an Iraq combat mission that is mounted in the crew cab).

http://www.*********************/Mattituck.html

Snow's starting to melt, warmer temps are here & longer daylight hours = plenty of pic ops in the near future...if your dept. has something "unyque" you'd like to see on the site, drop me an e-mail and we'll set something up.

As always, thanks to the Rant for allowing me to post here...enjoy the site!! Stay Safe, Tom
    Last edited by Firescueguy; 03-12-2013 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

Southold, LI, NY still missing from the list.

@ Jimbo, not anymore...now if I could find someone who could get me in there, I'd be happy to profile their rigs...they have a '64 International rescue I'd love to pix...

My Father (8-5-50) and I can guide you on a tour of Cutchogue just give me a pm when you want to do it

Thread Information